Ingredients (serves 4)
* 2 tbs crushed mixed peppercorns
* 4 x 150g sirloin or New York steaks
* 30g unsalted butter
* 2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to brush
* 2 eschalots, finely chopped
* 300g mixed mushrooms (such as Swiss browns and shiitakes), sliced if large
* 3-4 thyme sprigs
* 1 tbs plain flour
* 1/3 cup (80ml) Moondah Brook Cabernet Sauvignon 2001
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tsp tomato paste
* 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup (125ml) good-quality beef stock
* Mashed potato and watercress leaves, to serve
1. Mix peppercorns with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Brush steaks with a little oil, then coat evenly in pepper mixture. Set aside.
2. Heat butter and half the oil in a frypan over high heat. Add eschalots and stir for 1 minute until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Turn heat to low, stir in thyme and flour and cook for a further minute. Add wine, Worcestershire, paste, mustard and stock. Stir for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 tbs oil in a separate frypan over high heat. Cook 2 steaks for 2 minutes each side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil while you cook the remaining steaks.
4. Return mushroom sauce to stove and reheat gently. To serve, place a dollop of mashed potato on each plate. Top with steak, mushroom sauce and watercress.
delicious. - Page 128
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Posted by Resep Masakan at Tuesday, February 03, 2009